Thursday, August 26, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 36) - "Thankful"

I’ve probably met more people this year than I have the past few combined. My facebook friends are up to record levels. I don’t believe I had this many before my last purge. I’m getting out and doing things almost every day. I feel like I’ve enjoyed life so much this summer, (but quite frankly the past few years) than I had for a very long time. I feel like I’m inching my way back to my late twenties when I was rolling along so full of confidence and life. Setbacks knocked me down, but I’ve risen and yes it’s taken some years but I’m on the way back. Maybe I’m almost there already.

I had a conversation recently with a lady friend about being thankful for things, taking stuff for granted, and appreciation. I’m all about those things, or at least being thankful, not taking stuff for granted and appreciating the hell out of people, places and things. We talked about how important saying thank you is, or checking in on a friend who is going through something whether it’s stress, sadness or joy and letting them know you support and care for them. It was such an uplifting conversation that I started thinking about how thankful I am about things these days.

What exactly am I thankful for? So many wonderful, terrible and truly amazing things happened, just in the last few months alone. I’m far more comfortable talking to people, I’ve reconnected with old friends. I actually felt something for someone for the first time in years. Someone made me a birthday cake for the first time since the 90’s. I took part in my first film. I went to my first dogwarming party. I experienced my first armed robbery… okay well maybe I’m not exactly thankful for that but I am thankful the crook didn’t shoot me or my friends.

I’ve got thankful coming out of my pours this evening so I’m going to lay it on thick.

So thank you Shawn and Gus. Thank you server I had tonight (we gave him 25%) Thank you new episode of Tosh.0 for making me laugh. Thank you to all of you who give me rides places, even if I’m on the way and you are going there anyway. I appreciate it. Thank you to all of you who read these blogs. Thank you to all of you who send little emails and messages to see how I am without any provocation. Thanks to those of you who make me laugh. Thanks to those of you who offer me advice. Thanks to everyone who shares any of themselves with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment