Sunday, August 1, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 12) - Infringement Festival

What a day this was! There was so much going on and so much to tell but I will try to do this as briefly as possible due to my fatigue from this very satisfying and very busy weekend. Go see my pictures if want to experience the awesome.

I started off with softball at 9:30am. We lost but it was nice to get out early and exercise. After that I had breakfast with a friend which was pleasant. After that I ran errands for 2 hours which included laundry, shopping and tying up some loose ends. After that I met with a few people regarding the 48 hour film project contest which is coming up next weekend. I decided I will join their group and help with ideas, creativity, and possibly as an actor or performer in the film. We start on Friday and how it works is the people running the contest give everyone a genre, a line and a prop that must be used in the film that has to be 4 minutes long but no longer than 7 minutes. The people on the team are movie fans but not filmmakers; just like me so it will be a learning experience for sure and I think it will be very cool.

After that meeting ended I flew up Elmwood on my bike so I could get home and shower before my friend arrived to pick me up to go check out the Infringement Festival’s last day of activities. There was a concert at the Broadway Market and it was right on the roof! There were 2 stages going simultaneously and the music varied from band to band. There might have been a few hundred people there but due to the huge space on the roof it seemed like less. Then when that ended we headed over to Nietzsche’s for some more entertainment and craziness. I absolutely loved the atmosphere and I could say that about all of the events I took in during the last 10 days of the festival.

If you didn’t check out any of it you really missed out. Sure there were some artsy things that weren’t for everyone but there definitely would have been something for you if you gave it a chance. There were street parties, poetry, concerts, art, balloon animals, hula hoops, moaning and wailing, puppet shows, breakdancing, films, plays and who knows what else. During the 10 days there were around 700 events at over 50 venues! I can’t even believe that! Plus the team that put this whole thing together was made up of 12 people.

Personally I saw Anal Pudding sing about awfully naughty things, DJs that made my feet move, The Differential Flavor Crew throwing it down, numerous bands I can’t remember the names of at this moment, some very interesting interpretive dance and Eric Starchild play piano beautifully… and I only went out to 4 days/nights of things. So I just want to take this moment to say THANK YOU to all those who put the festival together. I think its great work you guys and gals do and I respect and admire the passion and effort you put into it… and sorry but no Curt I don’t want to join the team, lol.

I look forward to the infringement next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment