Sunday, August 22, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 32) - "Dogwarming"

I have returned from my first ever dogwarming party. I have had a few drinks and I feel pretty good however not that drunk. Okay maybe I should rephrase that. I am drunk. I am drunk with love for that little puppy I've been hanging out with the last 5-6 hours. She is the cutest little black lab with a bit of Shepherd thrown in.



Hanging out for the duration of the evening around good friends, new friends and people I haven't seen for some time was cool enough but this little puppy was so incredible. She was entertaining and cute and full of energy. Whether she was on the search for food, attention, or food, everybody would stop whenever she ran past and they'd have to touch and pet her. That must be the life.



What a cool concept it is to have one of these shindigs. People come over and meet your new buddy and some will bring gifts for the animal and in tonight's case it was doggie toys. My favorite was the roadkill looking thing that made a squeaky sound when she bit it in the right spot. You have to think the little one totally digs all the fuss and attention it is receiving as well.



I really wish I had brought my camera tonight to take pictures of the guest of honor but the rainy conditions kept me from bringing it out. It's okay though, I'm sure there'll be many more opportunities to photograph this cute pooch. Unfortunately I don't have a lot more to add because when you write after you've had a few, you never know what you'll get and after yesterday's lenghty post, this might be a bit welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment