Thursday, August 12, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days (Day 22) - "Nerves!"

Tonight I went with most of the movie team down to the first night of the 48 Hour Film Project. Predictably there were some great films and there were some that weren't so good. With our film set to air tomorrow night I wasn't sure if tonight's films would make me feel better or worse about our short film.



As it turns out I feel better about tomorrow night. The films I just watched had angles, zooms, edits, multiple cameras, trained actors and who knows what else but what ours lacks in toys, it should make up in entertainment. Our film will surely come off as low tech compared to the other films but I feel like there will be some silliness and comedy there to entertain the viewers. Because of how advanced many of the other films will be, I think ours will stand out due to its simplicity and lack of shiny, pretty things.



I've already learned so much from this process and that includes watching the films tonight. I learned I know a very talented and very good actress. I learned that I know other talented people and most of all; I learned I can do this. I can write a piece. I can act in one. I know I can do it and that is a very good start. Once you know you can do something your thought process changes from I wonder if I can do this to what am I going to do next?



Before we move onto what's next, come on down tomorrow night and see what's first.



Tomorrow night's blog will be about the experience.



Market Arcade, 7pm, $9, 48 Hour Film Project. Get there early!

No comments:

Post a Comment