Monday, August 23, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 34) - "Time Flies When You Are Having Sun"

I walked to work this morning and there was a bit of a chill in the air. I knew it was going to be a little cooler than it had been lately but I saw no reason to deviate from my default summer wardrobe of t-shirt and shorts. As I made my way there I saw people wearing jackets and I even saw someone in a knit hat!

After seeing the hat person I started to think about the date. It was still August, there's still summer left! The clouds and the breeze begged to differ. I've been hearing a lot of people this past week talk about doing this thing or that thing really soon because summer is practically over. Yeah I think the 85 degree days may be scarce if not done but it's still going to be pretty nice for another 2 months, at least. 65 degrees is still a nice day. 72 is still plenty warm. Think about when it is 21 degrees in January. That's right, 65 is awesome!

People scrambling frantically to do that last big summer thing makes me think something occurred where they either took the summer for granted or were unable to enjoy it for some reason. I have no such regrets. I've got the best farmer's tan I've had in years. I saw tons of bands, shows, art, people and dogs! I went on many hikes and I played lots of sports. I met many new people and received many kisses this summer... although they were pretty much all doggie kisses. Yeah I know it's not what I had in mind but I still had a great time. I did just about everything I wanted to do this summer and then some... although I do have to wonder where the majority of the summer went. It seemed like only yesterday it was Memorial Day weekend. I guess time flies when you are having sun.

As for what's left, well kickball is going along and football starts again this weekend so I have enough sports to keep me happy. This weekend is the Elmwood Festival for the Arts and I think I am going to spend pretty much the whole weekend there! I think there may be a nice Labor Day party I want to go to the weekend after that and I'm going to be chillin in the park or at Caffe Aroma's patio's as much as possible even when the drinks change from smoothies and iced decafs to hot chocolate and Amarettos and decaf. Actually that change has gradually begun already with the cooler nights of late. The point is that there is a lot of summer and a lot of nice weather left. Instead of pining for the days lost, or fretting the cooler days ahead of us, let's get out and enjoy it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment