Thursday, September 16, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 58) - "Enjoying Life"

The other day I wrote as my status that I am all about enjoying life. I ain’t lyin! I’m all about doing fun little things that bring a smile to my face. The next 5 days starting tomorrow are chock full of these types of things. Tomorrow I’m going out to Soul Night and I’m going to take in some fine soul music. I’m hoping my holy soul trinity of Curtis Mayfield, Donny Hathaway and Al Green get some love. Plus there may even be some drinks, dancing and females involved so it could be a very nice night but give me some good soul music and I am a happy guy.

Saturday starts off with a football game and I’m hoping our team can go to 2-0 on the season. We won 42-19 last week and looked good despite not playing a great game. We can improve a lot and as of now I really like our chances in our division. After the game I have to get showered and ready for the Hello Yesterday 80’s festival/concert. It features 6 bands that achieved their greatest success in the 80’s but also are still around doing their thing. Of the 6 bands I really want to see Dramarama because they intrigue me and Flock of Seagulls because I really love a handful of their songs and Space Age Love Song has a very special place in my heart. There’s a personal story that goes with that song but I won’t reveal it here. That show is going on at LaSalle Park all day long! It’s also going to be sunny and in the low 70’s which obviously means that God and Mother Nature love 80’s music.

Sunday might be the bump in the road as my big event for Sunday is watching the Bills game and yeah I know, it’s probably not going to go well but I’m a true blue fan and being as such I will watch every agonizing minute of it if I have to. Hopefully it will go well but I have no reason to BiLLieve it will. I’ll either cook up a nice meal or maybe get some yummy take out but either way I will chill out, relax and scream at the TV for a few hours.

Monday brings the end of the weekend but it also signals the next kickball game and as I said in my blog earlier this week, I am GUARANTEEING a win this Monday. Am I psychic or just some someone talking out of their butt? You’ll have to come down to Delaware Park Monday evening at 6pm to find out!

Then on Tuesday night is the wonderful film seminar at the Market Arcade and this week is Hitchcock’s classic North by Northwest which is another fine film I’ve never seen! I don’t understand why more people don’t come down to these shows. Where else can you see such classic films on the big screen and as a bonus you get analysis and backstory from the professors!

Next Wednesday will bring my first break but it will be short lived because next Thursday night the BPO is playing a FREE show at Kleinhans to tease and tempt for their new season. Beethoven and Gershwin! How cool will that be? Plus 2 days later on the 25th is the Battle @ Buffalo dance battle, which is so amazing to see live and it will be my 3rd month in a row!

Anyway, here I am going on about life again. I love life and love doing all these little things that bring a smile to my face. If you read this and want to check out any of the things I mentioned, or have questions about them, feel free to ask and don’t be afraid to enjoy life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment