Tuesday, September 14, 2010

‎100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 55) - "Kicked in the Can"

Fresh off of a kickball beatdown I come to you a humbled guy. Strangely I went from feeling amazing physically on Saturday to feeling beat up and sore tonight. At some point in the game I found a way to sprain my back a bit and I hate when I do that because it hobbles me for days. I seem to tweak my back a few times a year and most of the time when it happens I cannot explain how I did it.

Speaking of back, the game was one of those I wish we had back. The other team wasn’t really that better than us and except for one forgettable inning the score would reflect that. We have this formula, this losing formula where we play pretty well for 6 out of the 7 innings but then there’s one inning where everything falls to pieces. It happened again this evening where suddenly we had trouble catching, throwing, and doing all the basics.

I like to take bad experiences and learn something from them but when the same thing happens to you over and over again, it can be a little frustrating. Actually my least favorite part of the game wasn’t the losing so much as being without our #1 fan. For those of you who don’t know, we would typically have a fan show up with bongos, a conga, a robot or who knows what and he’d play the drum and taunt the other team. It’s all done in a silly ridiculous manner so it’s usually not taken the wrong way save for one fiery redhead female who wanted to beat him up. Anyway, he can’t make it to any more of our games this season and as a possible result, we were really flat for the beginning of the game and now that I think of it, for most of it. It was the quietest kickball game I can remember.

We didn’t have the same energy as usual and it showed out there on the field. I for one would absorb the energy the bongos and cheering would bring and I am also one of those people who wasn’t feeling it in the game. I think I had my worst game of the season. I mean, I didn’t make any mistakes but I didn’t do anything good either.

I’m not making excuses though, we lost and we should be better than that but we weren’t. So now I’m laying it on the line. Next week we play a team called Gecko’s Fork to the Head and I am GUARANTEEING a Kickapotamus win! Come out to Delaware Park at 6pm next Monday and watch it go down!

No comments:

Post a Comment