Monday, September 27, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (#67) - "What's Going On"

This is just a little look at what’s happening with me lately:

I went to my 3rd straight Battle at Buffalo on Saturday night. I realize it’s not the kind of thing that’s for everybody but I highly recommend checking it out if you like hip hop, hip hop culture or you can appreciate the energy and joy of the people on the dance floor. If other cultures or subcultures intrigue you, you should come down! I know hip hop gets painted a certain way by many people but this environment is positive, vibrant and all about love. There are all different types of people in the place and I absolutely love when lots of people can come together for something positive like that. It’s like I always say, art brings people together and the artistry from the dancers in the battle is amazing and inspiring. The next one is Saturday night October 30th and I am there!

For those of you who enjoyed my Best of 2010 so far CD that I gave out in June, take heart! My Best of 2010 part 2 is on the way for Christmas and I have already compiled 10-12 tracks that I think are strong candidates to make the CD. I’m constantly seeking out music for it, tossing it into a folder on my computer and not counting the 10-12 tracks I really like, I have about 100 more tracks and counting to choose from so I’m hoping it will be as well received as the last few. Just in case you wondered, I’ve been making year end compilations since 2006 and then last year I started to make 2 a year, one for the midpoint and the other for the end of the year. I just can’t help myself and Crazy Eddie the college radio DJ will probably never go away.

I’m actually a few days away from going to visit my mom. Her birthday is Thursday and I thought it would be nice to visit her on it. I haven’t seen her in quite a bit but she’s being cared for and taken care of which you cannot know how comforting that is to me. I was incredibly stressed a few years back when she was having all of her problems. I was angry with myself for not being able to help her but it was out of my hands. When one’s mind starts to go, all the love and support in the world can’t fix it. It was a humbling learning experience as for once I couldn’t solve a problem in my family. I always could before and they always looked to me in times of crisis but now all that pressure is gone and I can go see my mom with a smile and no concern.

I’m going to end this one with a look towards tomorrow where you will get 2 blogs from me. The first is about films and the second is about changes. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment