Monday, September 6, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (Day 47) - "No Risk, No Reward"

Today's entry comes in the form of a poem. I wrote this earlier this evening. It's about the internal struggles of a man who has a special woman is his life but is torn as to how he feels about her and what he should do. It's called No Risk, No Reward.


The reflection in your eyes reminds me the world is a magical place
When we are apart I scramble to make sense of it all
The comfort and peace of your voice brings me more than you know
I can’t believe I could meet someone so great and so bad for me at once
The depth of the emotions reminds me how remarkable you are
The presence of all the love around me brings me to tears

I want to run away from your glow and flee your beauty
It’s too much to pretend a foolish heart can’t be less than true
When I look at the facts I sense you might be all wrong for me
But I want to care about you and be there for you anyway
I know you think I’m silly and I fear you won’t take me seriously
But I don’t believe you are ready for me to let you all the way in

For all of your faults and distance I feel for you without regret
Without all the decorations and colors of someone else’s eyes
I feel like your soul is the most amazing one I’ve ever experienced
Perhaps its magnetism is what keeps me from running away for now
Because I’m not satisfied living with a glorious haunting
I wonder if you are a comet or a star

No comments:

Post a Comment