Tuesday, September 28, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: (#68) - "Movies, Movies, Movies!"

Movie Madness

As the temperatures get cooler my thoughts drift from playing in the sunshine to fun indoors. One of my favorite indoor activities is watching movies and while I found the summer movie bonanza a little disappointing I can’t wait for all the movie fun this fall! Between festivals, movie series and some very nice looking new releases I think it’s going to be a great fall into film.

I know I mention it a lot but the UB Film Seminar is running through early December. So far I’ve seen a great Buster Keaton film and 2 of the greatest films of all time in North By Northwest and The Maltese Falcon. Next week is Federico Fellini’s classic 8½ which I hear is fantastic. The shows run at 7pm on Tuesdays at the Market Arcade theater and is open to the public, even the question and answer period after the film! They have their entire schedule for this semester online at www.buffalofilmseminars.com

Starting on Friday is the Buffalo International Film Festival. It’s going on for 10 days and they are showing movies at the Market Arcade, the HD Video CafĂ©, the North Park, and one of my favorite places, the Screening Room! They have a schedule online but already I am fretting because they have a showing of Evil Dead 1 at the North Park on Saturday 10/9 right when I have 2 football games in a row! Oh well, I’m sure there will be plenty to cool things to see!

What’s better than checking out films you don’t know anything about? Why it’s seeing films you have a really good feeling about! All summer I might have had good vibes about a couple of films but I am very excited about many upcoming films this fall. It starts with a couple of James Franco films: 127 Hours and Howl. The first is a biopic about a mountain climber who had to go to extreme measures to save his own life. Howl is a film about the famous Ginsberg poem and the obscenity trial it generated. Then there is Hereafter, a film starring Matt Damon as one of 3 people dealing with near death experiences, It’s Kind of a Funny Story which is about a 16 year old sent to an adult psych clinic, “Faster” a revenge film starring The Rock and of course there is the film that shall be named… Harry Potter! That is one I’m really looking forward to and I believe it is coming out the week before Thanksgiving.

Yep I love me some movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment