Sunday, July 25, 2010

100 Blogs in 100 Days: Day 5- "Booked"

We’ve arrived at the 5th day already, only 95 more to go. I woke today and felt refreshed and renewed. Yesterdays troubles are just that, yesterday’s. I say down with drama, bad people and lies and up with what’s easy. I’m talking about easy hearts, easy people and easy relationships. That’s why today I didn’t take part in the garden walk but instead sat on Caffé Aroma’s patio for over 5 hours with a few of my oldest friends just shooting the breeze, making jokes and people watching. It was so pleasant and easy going that it was perfect. Plus I got a ton of sun but not too much burning.

Last night I made my first stop down at the Infringement Festival which started on Thursday and goes all the way through next Sunday August 1st. There is music, poetry, dance, film, culture, and serious art going on throughout the 10 days of the festival and I highly recommend checking it out and giving something a try. Schedules are in the current edition of Artvoice and online at http://www.infringebuffalo.org/schedule.php

I took in a band I hadn’t seen in many years, Anal Pudding and they were a lot of fun. Their songs seem more dancey than when I last saw them and the subject matter in their songs' lyrics lies somewhere between disgusting and hilarious. Since my sense of humor is naughtier than many, I had no problems with songs like Can I Masturbate in Your Car, Goat Raper and You’re Mama’s Got a Strap On and I think everyone should see these guys once. Whether you love them or hate them, they’ll get you talking and you’ll have a strong feeling about them one way or the other, which is what music is all about. What fun is it to see a band and think they are just okay?

I wrote as my status today how I have plans for the next 9 evenings in a row. It’s no joke! I’m going to lay it all out here and I will also cordially invite you to hang out if you feel like it.

Monday 7/26- The return of Kickapotamus as our kickball team takes on an unnamed foe in a KICKBALL PLAYOFF game! More details on this in tomorrow’s blog but I will tell you that we play at 6pm Monday evening at Front Park. Come down if you wanna see how it should be done!

Tuesday 7/27- Steam Donkeys, Bidwell Park. The Tuesday night Bidwell Park concert series continues with the Steam Donkeys, a local band that is a poppy rock band with some Americana roots rock mixed in. They should be cool to check out. The show is FREE and goes from 7-9pm. I usually go with at least 1 friend and we just throw a blanket down on the grass and soak in the atmosphere.

Wednesday 7/28- SOCCER! The MLS (Major League Soccer) is having their all-star game so to speak. Unlike the other major sports where the all-stars are split into 2 teams and the 2 teams play each other, the MLS all-stars will comprise 1 whole team and their opponent will be… Manchester United, yes the Manchester United on tour from the English Premier League which starts their own league play in a few weeks. I’m going down to Caffe Aroma, because where else around here would you watch soccer? Starts at 8:30pm.

Thursday 7/29- DANCE PARTY- As part of the ongoing Buffalo Infringement Festival Nietzsche’s on Allen is hosting a dance party from 9pm to 1am featuring some breakdancing with The Differential Flavor Crew and much more. I may not hit the floor too much but I surely love to watch those who do it well.

Friday 7/30- 6:30pm at Rust Belt Books there’s an honest to goodness puppet show http://www.costapuppets.com/ It’s called the Edge of Here and they go on Thursday night as well. If I miss the Thursday show I’ll try to catch Friday’s. It’s only about 45 minutes long which will enable me to make it back up Elmwood for 8PM- Cash For Congas, If you don’t know what that is yet, it’s a fundraiser for our kickball team conga player whose conga was stolen from his vehicle recently. He’s gives so much to us on the field as he plays that thing during the entire game so the least we can do is give back and help him get a new one! For more details: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126571450695005#!/event.php?eid=141969319162977&ref=mf

Saturday 7/31- More Infringement Festival madness! There’s an Animation showcase, tons more music from great area bands in many venues within walking distance of one another and I don’t know which show I’ll see yet, I just know I’ll be down there.

Sunday 8/1- The Infringement Festival ends with a bang as they take over the Broadway Market! On the roof of the market will be multiple stages and tons of bands from Noon to 8pm! How can you resist that much music in such a great venue!

Monday 8/2- Kickapotamus’ first kickball game of the NEW season playing for our NEW sponsor the Old Pink!

Tuesday 8/3 Bidwell Park concert series: The Latin Jazz Project. 7-9pm. I can feel an itch in my hips just thinking about it!

So there’s my next 9 days planned out. Like I said if you wanna join me for something, feel free. Some things I’m going with a friend or two and a few of them I’m going alone so far.

Also on the horizon:
-Shakespeare in the Park Macbeth with an all female cast!
-Buffalo Bisons Friday night bash, August 6th
-My Birthday, Saturday August 7th!

No comments:

Post a Comment