Monday, May 10, 2010

(Flashback Blog) The Kissing Moon Sept. 26, 2005

Once again I present you with a blog I wrote a few years ago. It asks a question I'm always contemplating. It brings up the question of quality versus quantity. Of course I'd tell you now I'd prefer quality over quantity, but I'd like that quality quite frequently. Is that against the rules? I mean who has a cake and doesn't eat it to? You don't get a cake only to look at it. With that in mind I'm serving up another flashback blog called "The Kissing Moon"


Monday, September 26, 2005

The killing moon... (9-26-05)


Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it though
I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
Through the thick and thin
He will wait until
You give yourself to him


Lyrically I really love Echo and the Bunnymen. I've really been listening to them a lot lately. I've been in kind of a music lull otherwise, not actively seeking out new stuff but satisfied with only a few artists. For the past few weeks it's been Echo, Rilo Kiley, Ben Folds, Aimee Mann and Cole Porter stuff. Maybe I am unable to take on any new music lately because I have a lot of internal traffic.

Lately I feel quiet. It's the quiet before the storm. I feel the numbness that comes over me before something big happens. The big of course is my move on Saturday. My life will change somewhat and I'll grow. I'll improvise, I'll overcome and I'll adapt like a good soldier but I will worry all the way through.

Emotionally I'm already tired and I haven't even gotten to the meat on the plate. Physically I'm a little beat up, but I think I have been pretty much for 3 years now. You know, it's always something. My pulled hamstring is pretty close to 100%, so I'm sure there's a new ailment around the corner. I’ll keep on pushing though because that’s the only way I know how to be.

I've been fascinated with women's lips lately. They can be so lovely. Furthermore, kisses are great, don't you agree? For the record, I'm a soft and moist kisser. I think those are the best. I don't give someone a peck. I don’t like matter of fact kisses. If and when I am able I only share what I perceive to be real kisses. Sometimes I think I romanticize it too much and treat every kiss like it could be the last one but I can definitely tell you that when I think back to the last kiss I had with each person I’ve ever kissed in every case I never knew it was the last one I’d have with that person.

I could be wrong but I feel like kisses cannot lie. That’s why I’ll take a great kiss every once in a while over constant pecks and smooches. It's a lot like how I live my life, I'll go for long periods holding out for the good stuff. As I get older though, time seems to become more valuable which creates an interesting situation. I mean smooches can be good too right? As I get older I begin to wonder about quantity against quality. So far I’m not willing to budge.

On one hand you begin to consider that since you have less time, you should treat what you have like gold. Why settle for the crap you'd settle for when you were 20? But again, if you don't have much time left, why not indulge and take as much in as possible? It’s a debate I have internally in many aspects of my life. It is dreams against reality. It’s practicality against luxury. It’s quality against quantity. Currently I favor the former, but I consider the latter often. Of course I'm only 31, so this whole line of thinking is silly but hey, so am I.

So I ask you, which is best in life? Quality or Quantity? I’d love to hear what everyone feels about it.

Remember, it's fate up against your will.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX1PwkgwsG0

No comments:

Post a Comment