Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The girl down the hall... (1/24/17)



If I go by just the location and the space, I'm satisfied with my apartment. But unfortunately there’s more to it than that. Some of my neighbors are real disrespectful idiots and assholes. The person who blasted the music at nightclub levels in December has been cool since I wrote that note asking them to please think of the others who live there. But now there’s a new menace; the girl down the hall. She is something straight out of Springer or Maury, who’s in her mid-20’s but speaks like a 15-year old. She has a 5 or 6 year old daughter who I’ve never seen because she doesn’t live with her mom. I also know this girl was in jail not too long ago because I overheard, through the thin walls of my building, one of her friends saying how the guy she was seeing at the time cheated on her while she was in jail. That’s a shame. All that said, things have been okay until she hooked up with this crazy dude last week. 

Every night since there's 4-6 people over at her place in the evening and partying til whenever. Now thankfully she doesn't really have a stereo so there isn't much noise from the apartment itself but do you know that feeling you have when you know bad people are nearby? It’s discomforting and you just wonder what bad thing is going to happen and it’s a question of when instead of if. The biggest problem I have is that they have to pass by my apartment to get to the stairs and door to come in or go outside and they aren't real polite about it. The first night they partied on a weeknight until well after 2. Again the noise didn't bother me until people started going in and out passing by my door having conversations at full volume or even yelling at each other like freaking high schoolers. They woke me up at least once that night. I wrote down the specifics of what happened in a journal I am keeping of incidents. The next night they smoked so much weed they set off the smoke detectors at 12:42am. Thankfully I hadn't gone to bed yet but it still startled the crap out of me and I by the time I went out into the hall to check on it, they had taken the battery out or something because it had stopped but I heard them discussing why the alarm went off. The next few days they partied at night but it wasn't anything too terrible outside of a few angry screaming matches at reasonable times and some smoking in the hall/stairway. You know how it is with the Springer/Maury crowd… one minute they love each other more than anything that ever existed, the next they are screaming bloody murder at one another and need to be pulled apart. So I’m trying to play this cool and let this thing go away on its own. 

Last night, it kinda did although it was an escalation. Apparently the boyfriend was out in front of my building trying to badger people into giving him money. He screamed at and told a fellow beggar who passed by to suck his d***. He then, from what I can tell, went to the bar a few buildings over, started some shit and could be heard out on the sidewalk, once again in front of my building telling some people from the bar to suck his **** repeatedly as well as threatening anyone who had to say anything to him or came near him. Honestly, I hoped some people from the bar would shut this guy up. Finally for a few minutes things were quiet until 4 police cars came flying up the street and parked outside my building. Turns out the douche went across the street to Walgreens. That’s why it was quiet for a few moments. A few more police cars showed up. The police went in there and arrested the belligerent fool. I have to tell you. I don’t even know if the neighbor girl knew he was arrested because my apartment is the only one facing the street. She wouldn’t have seen the lights. But let me tell you, things were so quiet after that. It was wonderful. It was kind of like how it was before the girl started seeing this guy. Because when it's just her and her usual friends/family, they're actually not bad at all. Now all I'm doing is keeping my journal of everything that's going on and trying not to get directly involved in the drama, because hey, you really don't want to get into that stuff right where you live. Besides, with this girl's dating history from what I hear in the hallway, the chances are really good that this guy won't last too long. Oh and did I mention she's 3 months pregnant too? I want to try real hard not to judge, but damn these people suck. Welcome to my nightmare. I only have 9 months left on my lease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment