Friday, April 6, 2012

Serendipity (4-6-2012)

This morning I realized I was far behind on my laundry. I didn't have any slacks to wear to work today. I started looking for sweats and track pants or some alternative and all those were dirty too. So I thought, well I can wear shorts or one of two pairs of these brand new dress pants I have. I really didn't want to wear the dress pants but it's way too chilly today for shorts so I went into the dresser drawer where the pants are and saw something I hadn't even thought about in a long time... several pairs of old jeans. I thought, oh wouldn't it be great if I could fit into those again. Then the thought hit me, why not try on a pair and see. I hadn't tried any of them on since last spring and haven't actually worn any of them in over a year. Last time I tried I could barely pull them up my legs and after I did, my stomach had gotten too big to even come close to closing them! So I grab a pair and start to slide them on one leg at a time. While doing this I began to warm up inside because as the first leg went in I thought it felt a bit loose and then when the second went in I became very optimistic. My legs fit into them with room to spare! I grab either side of the zipper and bring them together. They come together easily, naturally with no pulling, no sucking in my belly, no laying flat on anything. They closed with no effort. I smiled and thought, well maybe I can do laundry tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment