Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2 Halves, 2 Hearts (4-18-2012)



When I’m quiet and stoic I’m like my dad. When I’m rambling, babbling and talking up a storm I’m like my mom. When I’m cold and distant I’m like my father. When I’m warm and when I care too much I’m like my mother. This is the story of two people, very different yet united by marriage and united within me. I have my father’s fiery temper yet it’s not quite as explosive as his was. Very few people see it. I have my mother’s propensity to stress over everything in my life and my friends' lives, except maybe it’s taken down a notch. Very few people see it. I have my father’s steely gaze and my mom’s big mouth and somehow it all fits. Lots of turmoil and anxiety manifests within yet there is also a simplicity and peace. One side takes control every now and then but eventually they balance themselves out. I am my mother, my father and I am Edwin. As improbable a journey as this has been, I never forget to enjoy the ride.   

No comments:

Post a Comment